"Louis Vicat marked the history of science through his discoveries. His scientific work is inseparable from his many commitments. We are the custodians of an exceptional heritage." Sophie Sidos, Chair of the Louis Vicat corporate foundation.
Created in 2017 as part of the bicentennial commemoration of the invention of artificial cement, as a form of memorialization, the Foundation carries out three main missions:
- promotion of scientific and technical culture, in line with the work of Louis Vicat;
- preservation and showcasing of heritage assets;
- education and solidarity.
To be considered, projects must:
- be located in France
- be backed by a not-for-profit association or entity
- be among the missions assigned to the Foundation
- be presented and followed up by a sponsor who is or was a Group employee and is close to the project
The Foundation consists of six directors and a project manager: Sophie Sidos, chair; Pierre-Olivier Boyer, general secretary; Tony Payet, treasurer; Guy Sidos, director; Emmanuelle Salles, director; Christian Bernard, director; and Adélie Sornin, project manager.
The Foundation's decisions are made collectively. The Board of Directors meets at least twice per year to vote the budget, approve the accounts, and set the general guidelines and the initiatives to be carried out. Every year the Foundation submits a report that is vetted by the regional administrative authority.
Commitments backed by employees
The work done by the Foundation is also aligned with the Group's CSR policy. We actively encourage the involvement of our employees, particularly through volunteer work.
For all our news
Interview de Sophie Sidos-Vicat
Un timbre pour Louis Vicat