Concrete is a 'fresh', ready-to-use product
Concrete is a mixture of cement, sand, gravel, water, and admixtures. Depending on the quantities of the respective raw materials and the way in which it is batched (mixed), the finished product will display different characteristics. At Vicat, we produce a wide range of ready-mixed concretes (RMC) for different applications. Their features? They meet very precise standards and requirements in terms of ease of use, aesthetics, and performance: tensile and compressive strength, durability, setting time, ease of placement and ‘workability’ under different climate and construction conditions.
Vicat batching plants close to construction projects
We produce concrete in batching plants located close to construction sites, i.e. between 20 and 30 km away. Given its setting time, concrete must be delivered to the place where it is used within no more than two hours. We also operate mobile batching plants on our customers’ sites, in accordance with their needs.
From production to delivery
Our ready-mixed concrete batching plants are equipped with:
· a storage area: silos containing cement, sand, and gravel, and storage tanks holding the various admixtures (such as plasticizers),
· a mixer for combining the required quantities of the different concrete ingredients
· mixer trucks—with rotating drums—into which the concrete is discharged for delivery to construction sites
Very precise manufacturing process
The characteristics and performance of a given concrete are dependent upon exacting criteria:
· a very precise mix design, especially with respect to water content
· a rigorously respected production cycle that complies with precise standards, especially with respect to continuous and uniform mixing.
Our concrete batching plants are automated to meet all these requirements and to ensure the reliability of the process.
- United States