Circular-economy offering for reducing our consumption of natural raw materials
To lower our consumption of natural raw materials and water, we have developed a short-supply-chain circular-economy model. This includes increased use of raw materials derived from recycling and using locally-available waste beneficially in cement plants. In France we have created a turnkey circular-economy business: Vicat Circulère.
'Circular' production processes
Fully aware of the exhaustive nature of the natural resources we use, we are committed to a circular-economy strategy that modifies our industrial processes:- Modernisation des procédés pour réduire la consommation d’énergies
- Modernization of processes to reduce energy consumption,
- Increased consumption of recycled materials,
- Harnessing of local energy-rich and mineral waste,
- Raising the proportions of alternative fuels in our energy mix.
Did you know? The proportion of alternative fuels we use in cement plants is rising constantly: 25.6% in 2018 across the Group, after 25.2% in 2017.
Our short-supply-chain circular-economy offering: Vicat Circulère
In France, since 2018, we have also been providing comprehensive customized turnkey solutions to help stakeholders in construction and local development convert industrial and urban wasteland.
Our Vicat Circulère know-how focuses on three things:
- deconstruction: optimized local management of the recycling of waste from demolition sites, and decontamination, performed through Vicat's network of facilities
- local repurposing of waste: the Group's industrial facilities (cement plants, quarries, etc.) enable new uses to be found for old materials, in compliance with demanding environmental and quality criteria.
- redevelopment: regeneration of public spaces using materials derived from local waste (repurposed) and development of innovative eco-responsible constructive solutions
Vicat Circulère, a comprehensive virtuous solution
Our Vicat Circulère offering for local authorities and construction and public-works contractors is a solution for:
- sparing natural resources,
- reducing CO2 emissions,
- completely repurposing waste—for its material or energy content—through a process that generates no final waste (or ash or cinders),
- creating jobs through the development of local 'green' businesses.
Did you know?We also provide a service for treatment and conversion of special and hazardous waste. Our subsidiary Altola, the Swiss leader on this market, provides a comprehensive solution from advisory services to analysis, logistics, and treatment.
More info: http://www.altola.ch